Genting Highlands Jewellery Robbery: Police Hunt SuspectsA Genting Highlands jewellery robbery caused major disruption at the popular Pahang tourist destination on Monday, 17 August 2026, as police launched an investigation and tightened security around routes leading out of the highland resort.Acting Pahang police chief Datuk Azry Akmar Ayob confirmed that a jewellery shop inside a shopping centre had been robbed, with the incident believed to have occurred at around noon. Police said investigations were ongoing and further details would be released when available.The incident quickly went viral online after videos appeared to show individuals dressed in black moving through the shopping centre while carrying a large bag.What Happened at Genting Highlands?Initial reports began circulating on social media shortly after midday.Videos shared by visitors showed several people dressed in dark clothing running through the shopping centre. One widely circulated clip appeared to show individuals carrying a large bag as they moved away from the area.Police later confirmed that a robbery had taken place at a jewellery shop in Genting Highlands. CCTV footage was being analysed as part of the investigation, with police working to identify the suspects involved.Police Checks Cause Heavy Genting TrafficFollowing the robbery, visitors reported stricter security checks along routes leaving Genting Highlands.Some motorists said vehicles were being inspected and drivers were asked to open their car boots before being allowed to continue their journey.The checks resulted in significant congestion.One visitor said a journey that started at around noon only reached Genting Sempah at approximately 2pm, while others reported being trapped in traffic for several hours.Reports describing Genting Highlands as being under a temporary “lockdown” circulated widely online. Police security controls and checks were reported at exit points, although early social media descriptions of the situation varied.Police Reviewing CCTV FootagePahang police are examining surveillance footage as part of efforts to establish exactly how the robbery was carried out and identify those involved.Initial police findings based on CCTV analysis indicated that at least three suspects may have been involved in the incident.Authorities have not publicly confirmed the total value of jewellery taken in the robbery in the reports available at the time of writing.Police have also urged the public to rely on verified information as the investigation continues.Key FactsThe robbery happened on 17 August 2026.Police believe the incident occurred at around noon.The target was a jewellery shop inside a Genting Highlands shopping centre.CCTV footage is being reviewed by police.Security checks caused major congestion on roads leaving Genting Highlands.Initial investigations indicated multiple suspects were involved.What People Are AskingWas there a robbery at Genting Highlands today?Yes. Pahang police confirmed that a jewellery shop at a Genting Highlands shopping centre was robbed on 17 August 2026.Why was traffic so bad at Genting Highlands?Police carried out heightened security checks after the robbery, resulting in heavy congestion for motorists travelling downhill.How many suspects were involved?Initial CCTV analysis indicated that at least three suspects were believed to have been involved.Were the Genting Highlands robbery suspects caught?Police were continuing their investigation and efforts to locate those involved as the situation developed on Monday evening.